Thursday, October 2, 2014

Favorite and least names (Xander)

Folk's-  when I was growing up life was pretty dang simple: everybody got along, we ate turkey on thanksgiving, and all dressed up on halloween. The fact is, we were all just you're Average American Joes. Including the fact that there weren't that many names- John, Joe, Sam, Tom, just classic names. However, living in "California" I ended up realizing that there are more names then ever, using all different kinds of letters and numbers (hahaha  I know).

Just yesterday I went to the grocery store (a "marcado" if you will ) and when I went up to the deli, you will never believe who stepped up to serve me (no, not Jeanette LOL) it was none other than a man of medium-build named "Xander". Now I nearly dropped my large basket of power bars and other fitness foods (no, really) when I saw this pathetic excuse for a name!!!!!! I thought it sounded like a name straight out of "StarTrek". He explained to me that it was actually pranounced like "Zander" not "Ksander" but I wasn't buying it! I said to the man "Ksander, do your parents know that you go by such a quite frankly ridiculus name??? "
He simply had no response (so the story goes).

But all that a side, here is the list of the top and bottom names (in my "opinion"):

Good:
Ronald- Name (no pun inintended) just one person named with the name Ronald that has turned out to be bad. Try it! I guarantee you the task is simply impossible! Next!

Jeff- One of the best and (in this writer's opinion) first presidents was Thomas Jeffereson. Ever since he was president   I have a fond fascination of the name Jeff. Heck if I ever got a couple of kids of my own someday, I might just name em Jeff.

Jesus- Please. I find it offensive, no, dumb, that you think Jesus (and none of that Hey-zoose business, we're talking full on Jee-zus ) wouldn't be on my top name's list. If I re-call correctly, God had a son or something? and what was his name? Ah yes, I remember: J.E.S.U.S.


Bad:
Geoff- I cant remember exactly whom it was that said it but I believe the quote goes something like "Geoff is how everybody evil, especially Nazi's (P.U.) spells the better name Jeff". Simply put: Geoff is to Jeff as Satan is to Santa.

OJ- (no pulp please hahahahaha somebody stop me!) but seriously I have never IN MY LIFE liked the name OJ since the mid 90's. And I know what your thinking: wasnt there a famous person of sorts named "OJ"?? And yes this is true, but I a sure you that has nothing to do with my dislike for the name. Lets just move on shall we?

Worst:
Hugh- Need I say more? This alleged "name" breaks nearly EVERY law of decent order and politeness on the books. First of all the spelling- this name is more misspelled than an athiest TRYING to spell "Lord". How the devil ever arrived at the supposedly correct "Hyu pronunciation" is beyond me.... Like what did the maker of the name "Hugh" work at the g factory and need to sell some more g's into words??? (hahaha just a joke LOL). Its safe to say that the day Hugh Hughington is elected predisent is the day I move out, of the country!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment